Summer means: walking barefoot on the beach, going to Disneyland, and having unlimited fun. But even a single cold can ruin all your plans to enjoy the summer season. Here are some of the more common diseases that may attack you during summer and how to prevent them.
Common Health Issues in Summer
Heat Rash: Healthcare clinics in Nashville usually consider a heat rash as the most common skin problem observed during summer. A heat rash can block your sweat glands and cause a rash on your skin. Usually no medication is required to heal this problem and it will solve itself after few days of cooling off. But, if your rash spreads, swells or you have pain visit a doctor at Clinica Hispana La Paz quickly.
- Preventive Measures: Drink plenty of water, wear lose and light fabric clothes, and do not expose yourself to direct sun for more than a few hours
Dehydration: A hot blazing sun may feel good, but it also causes the human body to lose nearly half a gallons of sweat daily which can lead to severe dehydration. Headaches, weakness, and dizziness, are some of the symptoms of dehydration and it can be life-threatening.
- Preventive Measures: One of the most effective healthcare tips for summer is to keep yourself fully hydrated at all times. Older individuals and those in poor health should not stay in the sun and heat for too long. Find a cooler place to help keep your body temperature down.
Summer Colds: A specific type of virus, called the Enterovirus, produces symptoms similar to a cold and cough. These symptoms are: sore throat, headache, and fever. Let Clinica Hispana La Paz, with their healthcare services in Nashville, help you feel better fast.
- Preventive Measures: Eat healthy foods, stay hydrated by drinking lots of water. Rest more to boost your immune system and avoid those who are sick.
Allergies: Watery eyes, coughing, and a runny nose are the usual allergy symptoms and a lot of them occur in the summer with everything in full bloom. The main culprits: weeds, pollens, and grasses.
- Preventive Measures: If your symptoms are severe get an allergy shot at Clinica Hispana La Paz today. Stay inside when the pollen count is high, and wear a mask when stirring up allergens like mowing your lawn or cleaning your house.
Food Poisoning: During the hot summer months food will spoil much more quickly. Micro-organisms like virus, bacteria, and fungi are more active and grow more quickly. The usual symptoms are: diarrhoea, stomach pain, and other health complications.
- Preventive Measures: Some healthy summer tips to prevent food poisoning: know the age of your food, check expiration dates, keep your food cool or refrigerated, wash your hands thoroughly before eating, clean utensils and dishes before using.
Prevention is the key to better health; but sometimes sickness happen. Let Clinica Hispana La Paz in Nashville, TN help you be healthier and happier fast. Call us today: 615-627-1282