If your daily diet is full of nutrients, that’s good. But if you’re not sure, you can include any of these foods in your diet to maintain your health. The following foods are great sources of Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) which will help strengthen muscles and blood vessels.
Fruits and Foods Rich in Vitamin C
There are many fruits and vegetables that can provide a lot of Vitamin C. Healthcare experts say citrus fruits like guavas, kiwi, grapes, gooseberries, strawberries, and oranges can fulfill the deficiency of this vitamin in your diet.
Vegetables like brussel sprouts, potatoes, parsley, and red peppers can also help you boost your Vitamin C levels. If you deep fry these vegetables they will no longer have what you need; but cooking them at low temperatures will let you keep the most of the nutrients.
Leading family healthcare clinics in Nashville state Vitamin C foods have many health benefits, like:
- Boosting Immunity: Vitamin C deficiency affects your body’s immunity. Without proper amounts of this vitamin your body will lose the fight against various infections leading to poor health and sickness. When you include foods rich in vitamin C, you strengthen your immunity.
- Speeds Healing Process: Vitamin C triggers collagen production. Collagen is a protein that helps the connective tissues of tendons, muscles, and skin to work. As such, its regular consumption speeds the healing time of your wound.
- Fights Asthma: If you have chronic asthma, you should eat foods rich in Vitamin C. The antioxidants and antihistamines in it will improve your lung function considerably. Per a recent study, daily intake of 1000-2000mg of this vitamin reduces histamine production. This, in turn, alleviates inflammation in asthma patients.
- Protects the Nervous System: Are you stressed? Taking vitamin C helps safeguard your nervous system. It helps regulate stress hormones and can possibly prevent or reduce Alzheimer’s disease by increasing lycopene and beta-carotene.
- Reduces Stroke Risk: Free radicals can cause problems in the walls of your arteries. It helps destroy these free radicals, thus decreasing the risk of stroke.
- Helps in Weight Loss: This Vitamin enhances metabolism and increases body fat oxidation while you workout.
- Alleviates Arthritic Symptoms: This vitamin can reduce inflammation, swelling of joints, and the pains of Arthritis. It also helps maintain the cartilaginous tissues by producing more collagen.
- Keeps Gums Healthy: Deficiency of Vitamin C can lead to severe gingivitis. This occurs because your connective tissues weaken without sufficient levels of this vitamin which can results in the breaking down of capillaries. If you take it daily, the overall condition of your oral health can improve.
- Gives You Healthy Hair: The growth of your hair stops when the follicles don’t get the essential nutrients. This vitamin enables hair follicles to absorb iron and the minerals needed for hair growth.
- Controls Blood Sugar: People suffering from Type2 Diabetes are advised to include Vitamin C in their diet. It’s because this vitamin stimulates the function of insulin. Proper functioning of insulin reduces blood glucose levels.
Vitamin C is a wonderful way to help you have a happy and healthy life. To learn more ways of how it can help you, contact us at Clinica Hispana La Paz, one of the leading healthcare clinics in Nashville.